Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More delays

Well I called unemployment back after 48 hours, and now they tell me there's a computer glitch that isn't letting my claim go through. So now it goes to another supervisor, some tech support people, and maybe there will be some news by the end of the week.

With all the uncertainty out there, it would be nice if this financial stuff were more seamless. But I suppose it's just moving at the general pace of government.

Just remember kids, an object at rest cannot be stopped.

In the meantime I'm still sifting through job leads - sadly none in New Mexico so far - and trying to figure out what my next career might be: PR, technical writing, science teaching or maybe something that just hasn't crossed my mind yet.

It's hard to leave the news biz after 14 years, but realistically, it would be a lot harder to go back, find another gig and then get laid off again.

No comments:

Post a Comment